Adoption and the New American Family | Main | Ending Homelessness

Thursday Human Blogging

Greetings from me – Sadie. My human has fallen into that bad trap that many parents have – ignoring their youngest. He has already done great Friday Cat Blogging entries about my siblings (Pookie, Shadow, and MacKenzie), but WHAT ABOUT ME? So instead, I’m going to turn the tables and do my own post.

Mack Sadie on monitor2.jpg

First, here’s my picture (I’m the cute dark brown one on the right). But, just like an inconsiderate human, he got rid of this 90 pound, warm, computer monitor in favor of one of those new-fangled flat panel gizmos. He says it’s better for his eyes (which need all the help they can get), but I can’t sit on top of it and get warm! This is a serious problem in December here in Minnesota.

My typical view of him is his legs and feet. I kind of rub around and hum a bit to get his attention. But my favorite place is his shoulder. I don’t cuddle in the same way that Pookie does (he’s shameless!), but I like to perch on his shoulder and observe my domain. Every once in a while, I’ll spring from the floor to his shoulder to get his attention – it seems to have the desired effect. But that’s more for little kittens – I’m pretty grown up now.

Nonetheless, I still like to play “chase? all over the house. I have to admit it – I happily incite Pookie to a good chase now and then. (It’s a public service – he needs the exercise.) I especially like to knock him off the climber on the porch. Sometimes the two of us get up there at the same time, but then he does his dominance thing and bites my neck. My human always yells at him for doing that, but I don’t mind it all that much. I usually end up on top anyway! So here’s a raspberry to my human for ignoring me. However, in his defense, I know he’s very busy. His consumption of “medium decaf mocha with no whipped cream but with an extra chocolate covered expresso bean? has definitely skyrocketed this fall. Rumor has it that he got one of those Caribou debit cards and it needs refreshing. Anyway, I’m glad I’ve been able to take over the keyboard myself. Fan letters are always welcome! - Sadie

Posted by hgroteva at December 8, 2005 5:58 AM | Cats

Ahhh, Sadie...
You deserve the infamous quote from the movie Dirty Dancing: "Nobody puts baby in a corner."

I know I should be careful what I write since your siblings are always checking the blog, but I must admit, you have an extra special tug at my heart. Needless to say, besides personality, you are a beauty!

Look forward to sharing some eggnog with you in a few weeks.
HrH

ps I don't miss the surprise running jumps...yeah, not so much!

Posted by: Heather at December 8, 2005 10:50 AM

Thanks for the cat relief, Hal!

My son's girlfriend's cat has finally started a rapprochement with our residents. She loves nuzzling with Tiger, but Louis the Bengal is still suspicious.

Chloe the cat is so much like her owner, Ben's girlfriend - loving, and gentle, except when she feels threatened.

Cats and teens.. worth a dissertation, at least..

Posted by: Brian Link at December 10, 2005 3:12 AM

Tai and Viv still talk about your cats, especially "the little friendly one" (Sadie)! On our recent vacation flight we were looking through one of those "sky mall" mags in the back seat pocket. In it was a deluxe cat climber. Both girls exclaimed that that would be a perfect gift for your cats--so, Sadie, get your Santa list out!

Posted by: Yvette at December 16, 2005 12:05 PM

Dear Tai and Viv, Thanks for telling Santa about the new climbing thing - I'd love it! See you next time you're over. Merry Christmas!
Sadie

Posted by: Sadie at December 16, 2005 12:44 PM

Hello Hal, just wanted to let you know i very much appreciate your cat entries. Being a devoted cat lover, it is quite wonderful to read about your Tonks and their personalities! I look forward to your Friday posts, and actually miss news from the Tonk World when they aren't there! Warmly,

Posted by: neko at December 24, 2005 12:11 AM

Hal, i enjoy your blog very much, and would like to mention how much i truly look forward to your Friday Cat Blogging! I am a devoted cat lover and am endlessly amused and interested in what cats do and express around their humans. Hope you continue to feature your sassy tonks on your blog!

Posted by: neko at December 27, 2005 12:36 PM