Smooth Sailing in 2006 | Main | Friday Cat Blogging - shoulder hugging

Holy Guacamole - Hook 'em Horns!

tower_orange_1.jpg

Now, you know I'm not a big football fan - too many other things to do. BUT, last night's Rose Bowl game, in which my alma mater UT beat USC by 41-38, was riveting. It was extra fun to watch, because I'm in Sacramento working with colleagues Ruth and Susan, and we watched (and screamed ourselves hoarse) together. Vince Young (UT number 10) was incredible, both in running and passing. It was an evening of orange pride.

We visited Whole Foods before the game and stocked up on the essentials (guacamole, tostadas, etc.) and then just let it roll. After the game when we tried to call family in Austin, the message came back, "All circuits are busy." - YES!! Congratulations to the Longhorns and to UT. The last time we won the national championship was 1970, my senior year in college there. The UT tower (above) is all orange for a few nights, with the big #1 emblazoned down all four sides. Sorry I'm not there to see it in person.

Posted by hgroteva at January 5, 2006 9:48 AM | Texas

Congrats Hal, Ruth, Susan, and all other UT fans. Musta been your recent trip there that did the trick!

Posted by: Yvette at January 5, 2006 10:40 PM