The Show

Without a doubt I believe our student show turned out well. It was a great feeling to be able to just stand at peace and look at all the completed projects. I am sure everyone was rushed towards the end and that many were stressed. But when it came down to the wire and that final run, we all got it done. I loved how things worked out, more importantly I loved the tacos in a bag. Quite a few people showed up to gaze upon our final pieces and then left a cool little post-it note to let everyone know how they felt.

We did good work people. It may have been rocky at times or slightly confusing. Maybe you wanted to throw a watermelon at a wall and watch it break. Or run through a corn field naked.....ah maybe not. But seriously, I would use the word impressive for how we got everything to work in the end. Also someone needs to scrap chads epoxy off the art floor, I did see a slight drop or so. Just kidding Joellyn "Tenure" Rock.

If you didn't see my piece, here it is. Its the idea or shall I say the interaction between the internal and external and beginning to see how the body works as a structure or vessel. I worked alot trying to find the right materials to carry out this idea on ceramic tiles. I wanted my tiles to be an investigation between the viewer and the piece. Each time being different but slightly the same. Being the viewer you could change the order and set up of the tiles. In some ways creating an entirely new but yet human form. The idea: Our body as a structure can be taking apart and changed in a way that will still yet work but always be a vessel of ourselves.

bodyb.jpg

This page contains a single entry by hoch0072 published on May 10, 2010 8:52 PM.

How to was the previous entry in this blog.

digital image is the next entry in this blog.