Analysis of helicopter crash article

The reporter who wrote the Associated Press article about a helicopter crash summarizes the important elements in the lead by stating that the helicopter crashed, with a child on board, and that three people died, with the possibility of more victims. He/She also gives the day it occurred on and that it happened north of Phoenix. He orders the story by starting with a description of the event from a witnesses point of view, followed by a quote from the witness. He/She then describes the aftermath of the crash and ends with details about the owner of the helicopter and the investigation of the crash. I find it was done effectively, because it lists all of the facts in order of importance to the reader, although I think the first quote could have been paraphrased, but that is more of a personal preference since I don't care for quotes in stories.

This page contains a single entry by hochs023 published on February 14, 2010 11:55 PM.

Cops: Man smashes 29 TVs in Wal-Mart was the previous entry in this blog.

Sudan to sign peace deal with Darfur rebels is the next entry in this blog.