Monitoring Social Media Platforms with Hootsuite

Unknown.jpeg

Hootsuite is a very valuable tool in social media management and analytics. I use it at my job as a manager of social media at the University of Minnesota's Housing & Residential Life central office.

Hootsuite allows me to have all of my social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter in my case) open on a single dashboard. This allows me to easily track what is going on in the social realms of the Housing network.

Some additional perks to Hootsuite include the ability to post to multiple social media platforms at once, the ability to schedule posts, and the ability to analyze data.

The analytics tool is a very popular feature because it tracks the followers that your network has and how effective each message is that gets sent out. These are very valuable tools to have while attempting to optimize the usage of a company's social media networks.