The crazy woman who goes into poverty

Ok. This article really grinded my gears. does this woman really think that she can just make some rules and then boom shes in poverty? Get real! Sure. THe point that she was only identified as the job she had, but surely she couldn't really think she could feel what poverty is like. The only way is to be in poverty, there is no pretending. The intro drove me insane. THe first chapter gave a more in depth analysis of her experince which I enjoyed reading but I still felt the sense that her attempt was futile.

The crazy woman who goes into poverty

The crazy woman who goes into poverty

The crazy woman who goes into poverty

Smells Like a Teen Spirit

This article was really well written. I believe the author perfectly described what was happenign in the song the entire time, and proved to me the specific emotions cobain wanted to convey. One thing that cought my attention is the contrast between the his description of the song and the song itself. The whole article is making the point that it was the way in which he sang his song produced strong emotions toward the american youth. The reader cannot possibly feel the same emotion if this author merely describes it to us; thus, he is describing for the purpose to show us that emotions can be sparked moreso by "screaming and mumbling" rather than perfectly uderstandable statements. Thats also the reason why he included the example of Amos who tried to make cobains song more understandable. And he shows that this song, though pretty good, did not hit the connection between listener and singer like cobain did to the American Youth.

However, i was held back by the way the author described a "complete feeling". This made me very confused, because I believe that no feeling that you have is ever fraction of a full feeling.
Or perhaps he meant something else by this. Perhaps he was showing a contrast of feelings between common music and cobain's.

Overall, I did like the article,because the purpose of this article was reallly admirable by hwo the author tried, in my opinion, to glorify this song and the artist. It seems like there was a lot of criticism about the song and this man tried to defend this man by telling of his great achievment: To be capable of producing music with emotional drives powerful enough to connect to the American youth. Very admirable indeed.

Batman and Queer Solution Response

First off, this is Hadley hornig, for those who are wondering.

now the readings. For the Batman research paper, I found it difficult to understand the aticle. I also could not figure out his question that the author was trying to answer. But for the most part, I found the article incredibly funny at seeing the different outlook one must have for such a research paper. This author really looked hard into this movie and came out with some really insightful and funny points.

For The Queer Solution paper, I was really impressed by the way the author's outlook changed after the discovery of his friend's homosexuality. i mysellf fell under the normal outlook that television creates for the stereotypical homosexual. I always thought of it as a form of entertainment. I have also always been curious about the way in which the term homosexuality developed, which I believe is close to the topic the author was trying to answer. I love reading these things because I never really talk about them in my spare time but would always like to.

Batman and Queer Solution Response

Batman and Queer Solution Response

Batman and Queer Solution Response

Batman and Queer Solution Response

The Multiracial Suite

I first off did not think that Tiger Woods was needed for any of the articles to prove their points as Leonard Pitts Jr. points out: "why do you think Tiger Woods means a thing to me, a who cares less that a little about golf?" I share the same sentiment. My opinion, the census should not even exist. We are all americans, whether we are white, black, indian, alaskan, or even "Cablinasian". I think there should be no emphasis on race, becuase once we do in a place like america, it leads only to lots and lots of problems. I can only be flabbergasted by the statistic that some to most blacks cannot get a cab in New York or in most cities. To those taxi cab drivers reading my blog and are doing this outlandish, listen up! I am offended by you disregard of other americans as they are being drenched in the cold rain while your snuggled in your comfortable car! It is an outrage to hear such things! NO! To give such treatment to anyone should never be given the nomination American, a word so jam-packed with nationalism democracy. I belive I should rather step back from this subject now and return to te article. I found the article a bit long; the point the article was trying to make was powerful early and then was limping along the rest of the way.

The Multiracial Suite

The Multiracial Suite

Advertising & People of Color

I never knew that advertisements went through so much trouble with racial stereotypes. I really enjoyed learning about the the struggle advertisement has had in the United States. I did, however, notice a few grammatical errors along the way. This was too bad because I was really into the reading and suddenly, I get stuck on a sentence, not because I don't understand the meaning but because the structure of the sentence makes no sense. One thing that caught my interest was that the author didn't bring his opinion into the subject, showing that it was just a research paper. I would say that was a good choice considering the touchy subject of racism involved around the article. however, the research was presented presented in such a way that I cannot help it to feel anger against the advertisement business. Therefore, within this article, this author writes a research paper so one-sided that one should naturally turn toward that side.