Kayla, Katie, Natalie

St. Paul Parks and Rec has a senior program directed towards adults 50 years and older. They have programs such as brunch club, cooking classes, fitness classes and a senior royalty program. The mission of St. Paul Parks and Rec is to make St. Paul the most livable city in America by facilitating a creation of active lifestyles and vibrant places. They want the older community of St. Paul to become more actively engaged in the community. Some resources needed are facilities where their fitness and cooking classes can be held and bowling alleys and other destinations for field trips. There is a director of activities in charge of planning and coordinating times and events for these older adults to participate in. The senior program has a huge impact on the city of St. Paul. By having such a wide variety of field trips, classes and other activities, numerous adults 50+ can find something they enjoy and find a way to become more socially engaged with their community. The "Recreation for 50+" newspaper is written and distributed every three months. This helps the program remain sustainable and get more people to participate. The world is always aging, so there will always be a need for older adult programs.

Nicely done, Kayla. Way to be a team player!

As Leroy Paige once said, "Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." I think this senior program embodies that philosophy. Thanks to St. Paul Parks and Rec, there is life after 50.

The thought of becoming senior royalty and finally joining a brunch club is enough to make me hop in a time machine....2040 OR BUST!

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure a year in the life?

When this fruit has ripened I can only hope that I am measuring my life in the minutes I spend enjoying all of what the St Paul Parks and Rec senior program has to offer.

Thank you, Kayla, for typing this for us!