Sabergendermetrics

Women are underrepresented. Women are underrepresented. Women are underrepresented. We've heard it a bazillion times, and oftentimes that statement is coupled with a discussion of the differences between women and men and characteristics that affect their leadership capabilities. While we can argue how important each characteristic is in determining the strength of a leader, or the extent to which gender determines the likelihood of possessing said characteristics, but still, the advancement of women in leadership remains little to none.

My solution to this situation is sabergendermetrics. I'm assuming most of you have never heard of this because... well... I made it up. And to be honest, I don't really know how to make it work sooo if anyone sees Billy Beane please let him know I'm looking for him. But basically the point of sabergendermetrics would be to find a formula that calculates a person's leadership potential based on objective evidence. It is my hope that this would help people take things/applicants on a case-by-case basis and instead of making assumptions based on gender they would look at the facts. I think that doing so could change our focus from how men and women operate differently to what actually works when it comes to leading a team or organization.

I think that, too. Great minds...

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Just an FYI--you need to say "women are underrepresented" at least a couple more times to get to a bazillion.

I also feel like I should tell you that "facts" are only socially constructed phenomenon. So what we consider to be "factual" and "natural" and "true" may actually be...made up. Kind of like your sabergendermetrics.

By the way, how's your room looking? Last time I was in there it looked a mess. Also the time before that and the time before that. Making the transition from an organized to a disorganized individual is never easy, but you are proving to be the exception to that rule!