Weber's Law - What Else Can it Apply to?

Weber's law is very interesting to me. It was covered in class just a few lectures ago. In class, it was basically explained as such: When more mass is added, you notice a variation in that mass less. The example in lecture was stones in a person's hand. So, can this apply to other things? I think that it absolutely can and does. It applies to far more than just mass, or at least in my opinion it can.
When I look at a simple drawing, it only has one color. I immediately sense the lines and markings, then I perceive a drawing or figure. It has simple markings and few colors. But suddenly when a simple drawing becomes an elaborate artistic painting, I don't think that I would immediately acknowledge all the different colors. I would perceive the same thing, whatever the picture may be, but I would not immediately sense each component of the picture. Each color and paint stroke would mesh together, and the additional strokes that the artist added at the end in bright colors than all the rest would blend in. I don't think I would notice them.
The same situation could also be applied to a group of people in a room, buildings in a city skyline, or any other situation. There are too many situations to list in which Weber's law could apply. But, I like that. It gives me a new way to look at things I see each day.

David Iverson
Section 12