The Lemonade Diet: Aiding Anorexia?

If you were anorexic and looking for something to explain why you're not eating, use the lemonade diet. It's the most legitimate appearing, celebrity endorsed, and "healthy" cleansing diet on the internet. In fact, even my good friends who normally would never fall prey to such an extreme get-thin quick diet nearly bought into this one (until I convinced them otherwise, of course).
Designed in 1941, it has been around for over 60 years and has even been endorsed by celebrities like Beyonce who lost 20 pounds for her role in Dream Girls on it! One of the funniest things about this endorsement is that Beyonce gained back all of that weight and more after her role in Dream Girls. During her role in that film, she was the thinnest anyone had ever seen her. Needless to say, with that endorsement, the lemonade diet is a perfect front for someone who is possibly anorexic and covering it up, or someone who is trying to lose weight too fast.
Consisting of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water the lemonade drink adds up to about 1000 calories per day. It perfectly fits the definition of a crash diet that our book cirtes. However, despite these obvious signs that it's dangerous, it still appears credible on its website. Unless you search a little further. On the front page of the website, it claims that it can alleviate chronic diseases, provide a quick and health means of effective weightloss, and eliminate toxins and indegistion. A quick click to their disclaimer page and the first sentence reads, "The Products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by TheLemonadeSite.com or the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended or approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease." Even THEY haven't attempted to research their own product, how it works, or why it works. This completely contradicts everything they said on their first page. It's also completely devoid of scientific evidence, as shown by their disclaimer, and by the fact that the diet was created in 1941 by a dietician. Let's all imagine the expertise of a dietician from the 40's, shall we? Needless to say, this diet is a sham. Shame on those who endorse it, and feel sorry for those who fall for it.

Here's the link to check it out
http://www.thelemonadesite.com/lemonade-diet-instructions.html

This is very interesting and I have never heard of it before. It is unfortunate that people fall into this scam and even worse that it something so serious as a person's health. I have dealt with anorexia in a lot of my friends and the disease is awful. It is so sad to see that it mentally and physically can affect someone so much. I don't like that some one so famous like Beyonce would ever endorse such a way of life, non the less, a product.

I remember this. My friend tried it in high school and he recommended it to me. It never really worked for him and he didn't really lose all the weight. Like my dad's always said, the only way to losing weight is eating healthy and exercising proportionately. Also, if you REALLY want to lose weight then the best way is just to exercise to stay healthy and do it as an enjoyment. Before you know it, you'll feel great, look great, and really appreciate yourself for just working and and having fun versus trying to lose weight JUST to look good.

I bet a dietician in the 40's had expertise on the subject, but only for the time. Compared to today's dieticians, his expertise would most likely be far less. The real question is: who was this dietician? where did he/she study? where is the research? It's most likely one flawed dietician trying to make a quick buck. Silly diets...