I am Back and talking suzuki burgman 650 scooter

hi fellow enthusiast,
its been a year of slow recovery since i was treated for squamous cell carcinoma of the base of the my tongue--stage 4. the chemo and radiation took the starch out of my vigor and the ability to eat and swallow. believe it or not i still have all body parts and can enjoy solid food again--a real treat!
i have some "bonus life" to "live it up!" and i am currently cancer free. i purchased a 2009 suzuki burgman 650cc scooter and ride as much as i can-- this is my third scooter--my first a 125cc vino, then a burgman 400 and now the big boy. 0-60 mph in 7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14 seconds, fast enough pickup for me--for now! i feel like a young person again, with the auto transmission it feel like i am flying an airplane or riding a "star war's speeder"! i ride as much as i can and commute to work, this scooter weighs 560 lbs, it is a bit heavy but the straight line pickup to 70 mph makes up for the extra poundage. i also like the fact i cannot do an accidental wheely or stoppie or burn out--just traction and pickup.
later
duke

Posted by huiex001 at July 7, 2010 12:15 PM