Operation: Stryker - a Success!

10 burly men, 4 hard working gals, 3 trucks, 2 trailers, 4 pizzas and dozens of beers - but we're moved! Thanks to all who helped. We were able to do it all in one trip which helped a lot. Whew! What an incredible group of folks. It was almost like a barn raising.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:54 PM

1 day to Operation: Stryker!

2 closings and 1 move tomorrow - and a whole bunch of other stuff too! Luckily, Jody is very organized and I am trained as a "coordinator". It also helps of course that we have assembled an all-star team!

Posted by hunte046 at 12:16 PM

PJ's first day at day care

It became clear to us that we needed to find an alternative to our day care situation. My aunt Julie in Cottage Grove was doing a fantastic job, but had to reduce the days she could watch him to 2 days a week. Also, Jody was putting too much time on the road between that and our back-up care in Coon Rapids for the third day. It was a difficult decision, but after a lot of investigation we found a lady 5 minutes away from our new home who was recommended by a co-worker of Jody's. She passed our rigorous questioning with flying colors and he started there yesterday. It is excruiatingly difficult having someone care for your child that you "don't know", but his first day went very well thankfully. His day care person, also named Jody (!), said he acted shy when the other kids were dropped off and that he was "a really good eater". ha ha - we knew that! (If you don't keep shoveling it in, he gets pretty vocal - not exaclty a tantrum, just sort of a "give me food!" and then when you feed him he'll often smile and make a face that says "yummy!" I don't think there's anything we've tried that he didn't like - except potatoes that stick to the roof of his mouth). Anyway there is another boy his age there and his sister that is 3 and really liked him - he has a way with the ladies it seems. ;) There are a few other kids, but she tops out at 6 children max. and they aren't all there all the time.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:25 PM

5 days until Operation: Stryker

The move to West St. Paul (WaSP) is quickly approaching! We have almost everything packed to the bare minimum. PJ's toybox is now a storage bin so we can just put the lid on it and take it over. The move planning is going well and we have a good crew. Dave C. is brining a big az trailer and I rented a truck for the day too so hopefully we will only take one trip. Wish us luck!

Posted by hunte046 at 12:57 PM

Dancing

PJ loves to sit and listen to music. He even "dances". This involves bouncing to the beat and waving his hands - sometimes he even conducts!

Posted by hunte046 at 12:45 PM

Move

9 days until the move to West St. Paul!

Posted by hunte046 at 12:29 PM

Baby Toys

The batteries in some of PJ's toys have now started to run low. This causes the music to warp quite a bit. It is funny, but think PJ will be warped enough just having me as a dad; I don't think he needs this in addition.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:28 PM

PJ 10 Months

Well the lil' feller started crawling. Here we go! We can't move into our new house soon enough! He still has a bit of a problem when he goes off the carpet and onto the hardwood floors, but I think I would too. ;) He also is trying to bring himself to a standing position by climbing up the furniture. Wee!

Posted by hunte046 at 12:26 PM

Lawyers, Guns and Covers

Just heard a cover of Zevon's "Lawyers, Guns and Money" done by Jimmy Buffet. File this under, "why bother?". Jimmy's fine for his "special niche", but this... Basically it was just a really watered-down version. I don't see the point in doing a cover unless you have something to add or another take on the idea, and if you are going to try and cover Zevon, you should probably check to make sure you have a pair.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:13 PM

"Hey Warden!"

Last night PJ had woken up and was crying for someone to come and help him out. When I opened his bedroom door, there he was sitting up with his legs through the crib slats and his hands on the slats. I hate to admit it, but it was kind of funny. He had that, "There ain't no jail that can hold me" look. No, I didn't run and get a camera - I immediately went to his aid - I'm not that bad of a father!

Posted by hunte046 at 12:30 PM

PJ 4/5/04

Time for a PJ Update!

The little fella plays so hard and keeps trying to do things he can't quite do that he gets pooped out - then he fights sleep even though he is completly exhausted! I'm sure you can imagine that makes him a bit crabby to say the least. Last night was a different story though as the evening drew to a close; he was sitting in my lap (we all were sitting on the couch watching his new Fisher Price 'Musical Baby' DVD) and he started to move like he was going to climb out of my lap - one of his favorite games - but then he just laid is head on my hand and started to doze off - it was soooo cute! He looked like a little boy taking a nap on daddy's lap - not a little baby. Gets me choked up just thinking about it. Stuff like that makes everything all worth while.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:16 PM

PJ: happy boy

in_heaven.jpg

Posted by hunte046 at 12:43 PM

At the Desk

atthedesk.JPG

Posted by hunte046 at 12:41 PM

First Entry

Welcome to Hunter's Gatherer Blog. Don't be afraid.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:20 PM