PJ PS

He also is really into airplains and stop signs.

Posted by hunte046 at 8:18 PM

PC Bedtime Prayers?, Etc.

PC Bedtime Prayers?

This is the prayer I would say before I went to sleep:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take

Ok, so that is a bit morbid and there was a period of time where I was afraid that if I didn't say the prayer I would die in my sleep...
Anywho, evidently somewhere along the way inbetween when I was a kid and had one, the prayer changed to this:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
May the angels watch me through the night
and keep my safe 'til morning light

We say this version with PJ at night before "Nigh-Nigh". Normally I wouldn't jump on the PC bandwagon and would stick to the traditional, but in this case (and remembering how scary the other one was when I figured out what death actually was) I think it's alright. When he is older I'll tell him the story and the old version his old dad used to say.

Etc.
PJ seems to be very interested in Christmas this year. He loves the lights and decorations, and also knows what Santa is. He'll do his best to say "Ho Ho HO!" but I have to say it sounds a little like Tim the Toolman's grunt - or with a little tweak it would sound like a french guy. If we say "Ho ho Ho", he'll run into the living room and point at our little Santa on the shelf and say, "Ho ho Ho!" a few times. We started working on getting him to know what the Baby Jesus is too. :)

He is also very interested in tickling now. He loves to be tickled and he just started to tickle our feet if we have our shoes off and he tickles his teddy-bears saying "Tiko Tiko". At his friend Faith's we thought it'd be funny if he tickled her, so we said, "Tickle Faith!" He gladly obliged, went up to her and...tickled her forehead. She laughed, but sort of in a "Huh?" sort of way. He tries to tickle the cats too, but they don't quite seem to get it.

Here's DJ PJ!
DJ_PJ.JPG

Posted by hunte046 at 8:14 PM

PJ and Nathan at IKEA

Here are some pics of PJ and his friend Nathan at IKEA:

naandpj1.jpg

naandpj2.jpg

naandpj3.jpg

Playing in the "blueberries" at IKEA.

Corn Mush

The other day Jody made this corn mush stuff - tastes like corn bread but in a pudding form - her mom used to make it. You put butter and syrup on it. Anyway when Jody tried to give PJ a spoonful, he made a face and took it out of his mouth. We actually found a food he doesn't like! Ever since he has been very distrustful of anything we try to give him on a spoon!

Posted by hunte046 at 5:46 PM