Save Big Money, Pt. 2

Brett and Joey and Blake came over on Saturday evening for a bar-b-q (and Blake got started on the mural for PJ's Jungle Room/Kristen wasn't feeling well). :( First Blake and I went to the University Av. Menards (the WSP one is still being rebuilt) to get some paint; lo and behold who should help us at the paint counter, but the same guy that dropped a quart of stain on PJs head. I guess they transfered him to this store while the WSP store is under construction. He's a nice guy, but a little...slow on the draw. Luckily there were several 12 year girls working there that could help him with the computer.

After getting a good start on the mural - Joey helped, but Brett and I removed tape from the previous painting - we all ate some burgers/hot dogs and Joey brought a green tomato pie. It's good! Then everyone left and PJ, Jody and I all went to sleep...at 8:30pm. I haven't gone to sleep that early in a long time if ever. I had mowed the backyard earlier, but I didn't do that much work...guess I was just poopt. We all have had some sort of minor bug or something at different points in the week, so maybe that had something to do with it.

The next day we went back to Menards to buy some carpeting (they have one of those financing deals going). After waiting for about 5-10 minutes at the flooring counter, I decided to see if there was anyone in the area. I found a guy and asked him if there was anyone in the area that could help us. He said, and I quote, "I'm all alone here and I have to fill this pallet with 80 boxes of..." I interjected, "Ok, we'll go to Home Depot," and walked away. On the way out I thought to myself that I should let the manager know - if I was a manager, I'd want to know if someone on my staff said something so ridiculous...well the manager looked about 16 and way in over his head. He had no idea what to do. He called the guy I talked to who told him he was with a customer. I said, "He's not with a customer, he's filling a pallet." Whatever. We saved big money at Menards...we didn't buy anything.

We gave up on carpet for the day and went to play in a park before it got too hot and another round of Summer's version of Cabin Fever sets in.

Posted by hunte046 at 12:28 PM