« Waste Not, Give Not | Main | Direct Marketing Association »

Opt - Out

This is cool - if you haven't done it yet you should give it a shot:

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies are permitted to include your name on lists used by creditors or insurers to make firm offers of credit or insurance that are not initiated by you ("Firm Offers"). The FCRA also provides you the right to "Opt-Out", which prevents Consumer Credit Reporting Companies from providing your credit file information for Firm Offers.

Through the Opt-Out website, you may request to:

Opt-Out from receiving Firm Offers for Five Years - (electronically through this website).

Opt-Out from receiving Firm Offers permanently - (mail Permanent Opt-Out Election form available through this website).

Opt-In and be eligible to receive Firm Offers. This option is for consumers who have previously completed an Opt-Out request - (electronically through this website).

If you choose to Opt-Out, you will no longer be included in firm offer lists provided by these four consumer credit reporting companies.

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this site. I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a great example of it.