The final definition of leadership

Last week's definition; Leadership does not depend on power of gender. Any gender can lead a group of individuals to success, Leadership is indicator of skill not sex.

Final definition of leadership; Leadership is commitment to innovation and diversity.

Unlike, my previous definition about leadership, I think that leaders should be able to innovate now. Innovation leadership can be used to support the achievement of the mission in the group because generating new ideas, evaluating, and implementing them will result in innovation and it will bring the organization to success. According to Heifetz, Grashow & Marty, "to generate new leadership and innovative ideas, you need to leverage diversity". In fact, I totally agree that diversity implies recognizing people's values and respecting their cultures. By doing this diverse groups will be able to innovate and compromising in organization together.

Analysis; I think that leadership also consists of lots skills, abilities, and characters. Finally, I always believe that leadership is mostly commitment to your job, society and environment so a big commitment causes to innovation which is an outcome of leadership.

References
http://web.a.ebscohost.com.ezp3.lib.umn.edu/ehost/results?sid=a78aa3cc-f0b1-48a8-ad05-07a6b23f1beb@sessionmgr4002&vid=1&hid=4206&bquery=leadership "in" a permanent

Final definition of leadership

References

New emerging definition of leadership week 13

Last week's definition;Leadership does not belong to any particular race or gender because every different society and community has own leaders. It is about making positiveness in work area and bringing people to success no matter who they are.

This week's definition; Leadership does not depend on power of gender. Any gender can lead a group of individuals to success, Leadership is indicator of skill not sex.

From my point of view, women become more prevalent in the workforce, so leadership positions can be also dominated by females as well. Leadership has been mostly predominated by men throughout history but as world has been developing sharply since end of the twentieth century, it increases demand for female leadership positions. In fact, leadership is mostly related with masculine because it was always traditionally accepted that men must lead. On the contrary, I think that women are also able to lead successfully. According to Kezar, "Women leaders tend to conceptualize leadership as collective rather than individualistic. They emphasize responsibility towards others and empower others to act within the organization, and they deemphasize hierarchal relationships". I would agree with author of "Pluralistic Leadership: Incorporating Diverse Voices" because I have experienced that women care about others equally and deemplhasize hierarchal relationships in the job and I believe that for contemporary leadership it is very significant. Consequently, even women can lead and guide people from bad to good, low to high which means they can cause average team of individuals to be superstars.

Reference

- Kezar, A. (2000). "Pluralistic Leadership: Incorporating Diverse Voices." The Journal of Higher
Education, 71(6), Nov. - Dec., 2000, pp. 722-743. http://z.umn.edu/kezar

Definition of leadership 7

Last week's definition; Leadership is sharing strengths, and helping people to improving in work and life.

This week's definition; Leadership is creating safe job environment and avoiding people from distractions at work.

From my point of view, leaders should help people to be motivated in the job and help them to work in safe area because if workers are comfortable and passionate at their work then company is on right track. Leaders should not make workers to consult their issues with colleagues because it is not necessarily important for job environment. There are lots of people who work in companies and organization have different kinds of issue. So if they share their issues during the job then it can cause distraction from work. In Kegan, and Lahey article, consulting with everyone is highly preferable because it is assumed that consulting and knowing most things about each other is very important to succeed in the company. In fact, i do not think so because people should only concentrate on their jobs in work area. Consequently, a leader should help people to avoid employees from stressful issues and arguments so they can work comfortably.

References
Kegan, , R, and L Lahey,. "Identifying each person's one big thing ." n. page. Print. .