Parenting - Waaaaay Down the Road

I remember going through the parenting sections thinking, "Okay, don't need to think about this for a while." So when I saw this prompt, it seemed like a no-brainer to me. I've learned a lot about what being a successful parent entails, but the take-home-message that stands out to me is it's always going to be a work in progress. I don't have the kids' names picked out, and the number of children set, but I do know I'm going to try my hardest to follow the advice of our psychology book. Nanny Lilienfeld to the rescue!

I completely agree. Working in a child care center makes me want to have kids, but definitely not now. I think you can really tell by a child's behavior what type of parenting style the guardian uses.

I thought about it too. Though its also a long way down the road for me as well I hope that I can remember a few of the things about learning and development so that I can raise my children properly.

I sometimes think about this kind of stuff. I mean ideally I know how many kids and genders I would like, but you're right. It's nothing to worry about until later on. When the time comes, I'm sure I'll be a great dad, but until then I need to work hard in school so I can give my kids an awesome life one day!

One thing that will help with parenting is the effect of the environment on a child. With what I learned in this class, I can place more emphasis on providing a suitable environment for a child to grow up in.