Summary of Michel Kerszberg and Lewis Wolpert's article on morphognes

In early embryo, cell specification is an essential process that determines the formation of different tissues and organs. As mentioned in the article, morphogens have been established as major developmental factors that determine cell fates. Prior works has shown that morphogens provide developmental instruction to cells by its distribution gradient. Cells in different gradient of a specific morphogens have different identity. The authors bring up an important quest. Besides the identification of each cell, many cells such as epithelial cells have to determine their orientation or polarity, and simple diffusion of morphogens seems insufficient to determine the entire cell's fate. In order to give some basis of evaluation on morphogens, the authors introduce two conditions of positional information: precision and robustness. Precision is the measure of how accurate the positional information the morphogens provide to the cells. Robustness is the reliability of morphogens to direct the cells despite of chemical backgrounds or varying diffusion environment. A study is cited in which the gene product has higher precision than the regulating morphogen, Bicoid. This implies that morphogen alone can't provide all of the precision that the cells need. When discussion about roburstness, there are several problems morphogens have to overcome to reliably provide positional information. First, both morphogens and receptors are dilute, and their binding is hinder by the extracellular matrix, which can trap the morphogens. The endocytosis of morphogens and the 3D structure of the tissue further complicate robustness. Other mechanisms responsible for precision and robustness were discussed. I found the distribution of morphogen receptors very interesting. This is kind of unexpected because I only had the mindset that the morphogens are the one that has a gradient of distribution. Also, cell-cell communication and interaction was mentioned. Cell that is activated early by morphogens communicate with its neighbor, which modifies them for different interpretation of similar morphogens concentration. In conclusion, the authors propose that morphogens general effects on cells are fine-tuned by many different mechanisms.

I think you need some paragraph breaks to make this easier to read.

So morphogens are substances that guide development by indicating location by a gradient?

Your are a superb web site owner. It reloading rate can be remarkable. Them form of seems that you will be accomplishing any distinctive technique. Moreover, Your contents are generally masterpiece. you have done a wonderful task in this topic!

44includin Women's Nike Seattle Seahawks Logo NFL T-Shirt Blue g shipping No additional Women's Nike Houston Texans Critical Victory NFL T-Shirt Yellow import charges at delivery. Notable alumni: Rick DiPietro Patrick Kane James van Riemsdyk Erik Johnson Keith Women's Nike New Orleans Saints Critical Victory NFL T-Shirt Blue Ballard Dustin Brown Jack Skille Ryan Kesler David Bth Chris Higgins John Michael Liles Ron Hainsey Jack Johnson Ryan Whitney Phil Kessel Ryan Callahan Mik

Excellent stuff again! Keep the posts coming.

Appreciate the insights on here some really awesome info indeed...

Fantastic stuff. Top notch information. Keep up the great work!!!

That is something new really, great to learn it.

I've been following your blog for a while now, excellent stuff...!!

Completely agree with your points here, good stuff indeed.

It's great to have found this website, good info here.

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

This is my first time visiting your website, but I found a lot of interesting information. From the volume of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one! Keep the good work up.

Exceptional post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Cheers!

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any recommendations?

Greetings! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

Heya! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!