Pop Trackback Test

test

Continue reading "Pop Trackback Test" »

A Virtuous Man....

For a long time, I had a rough idea on how to go about achieving excellence. But now that I am at the U, I finally have a chance to pounce at it. I definitely agree with old man Aristotle about a person might have a virtuous disposition but is not virtuous until they act upon them. After reading Book II, I had a better understand of my goals and I promptly revised my course of action on attaining them. Hopefully, some of my classes that I will take here, including this one, will give me a better sense on how to be efficient on reaching excellence.

America: Part Deuce

Ok.Ok.Ok....I had to post this. Chapter 7 and this clip from The Daily Show go hand in hand.

America

First of all, I thought this was going to be another boring reading for another boring English class. I was completely wrong. This book ( or PDF) looks like its published for a 5th grade history class, but after further review you will find paragraphs rich in sarcasm and humor. Stewart (and his 500 guest writers, comedians, and graphic artists) really gets his point across without lulling you into a deep nap. There are questions like, "What is the central ideological difference between democracy and cannibalism?" That makes you laugh and at the same time make you think about the negative aspects of our highly glorified socio-economic system.