You are invited to Social hour with visiting orphans from Ukraine on Sunday, August 15, 2010
at St. Michael's and George's Ukrainian Orthodox Church for a 10:00 am church service
505 4th Street Northeast
Minneapolis, MN 55413 (612) 379-2695
Light lunch/coffee hour and FUN-FILLED PLAY TIME following service at about 11:30 am
European Children Adoption Services (ECAS) is working in partnership with a Kiev-based charity fund to bring Ukrainian orphan children and sibling groups, ages from 6 to 12, to stay with host families in the Twin Cities area.
· 15 - 20 orphan children from Ukraine spending four fun filled weeks with a local host family, enjoy family life, make new friends and have a typical American summer experience.
· Although adoption is not the objective of this program, many of the children who participated are eventually adopted by either the host family or other families who meet them during their visit.
· Since 2003 this program has allowed more than 100 children to find their forever family in the USA.
· ECAS is a non-profit 501(c) 3 international adoption agency licensed in Minnesota that is dedicated to the welfare of the world's orphan children. www.ecasus.org
Ukrainian School parent, Gail Voss, adopted her child, Sadie, through ECAS. Sadie has attended Ukrainian school for numerous years and is currently in our oldest class. Ukrainian School at St. Michael's and St. George's Ukrainian Orthodox Church would like to welcome the ECAS and the Ukrainian orphans.
You are invited to join us for this event.
Thousands of children pass through the orphanage system in Ukraine each year. There is a small chance for these children to have a permanent family after they reach school age. If you are interested in helping these children (and others at their institution) beyond attending the event, you may consider a financial donation or any new/gently used items below by bringing them on August 15.
· Rolling backpacks
· Games for children to have on the trip home (remember the kids do not speak English - so games need to be appropriate for non-English speakers)
· Winter clothing
· 20 pair of winter boots for kids ages 8 to 14 - more for the older kids (exact sizes unknown)
· 50 kids need jeans and tennis shoes - mainly for boys - age range 4 to 14.
· 23 winter jackets needed for:
o 13 year old boy
o 12 year old boy
o 11 year old boy
o 10 year old boy
o 2 - 10 year old girls
o 2 - 9 year old boys
o 9 year old girl
o 8 year old boy
o 8 year old girl
o 2 - 7 year old boys
o 7 year old girl
o 4 - 6 year old boys
o 2- 5 year old boys
o 1 - 4 year old boy