Purchasing inside IT (originally OIT area)

Today I learned I am making the purchasing process for our IT area harder than it needs to be. I must wrap my head around our process, and in some ways, forget how I did it before. I don't need to worry about quoting things out to the level I did before. My type A personality definitely needs to relax a bit. :-) Thankfully, my colleague Brandon has been very patient and helpful while I learn this process.

If the item needed is not standard, than email the user requesting they have their manager email me back with approval. For example: HDMI to DVI cable order for a Mac, only $6 but not a standard item for us to order.

Mac items - User requesting Superdrive, DVI/VGA adapters, ethernet adapter, Thunderbolt cable, Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter, external 1TB HD, 24" monitor with DVI/VGA/HDMI/RGB connections and 5yr warr, 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display, keyboard, mouse, Applecare and 2nd 85W MagSafe 2 power adapter.
- If an order is considered 'reasonable' and it is items we normally keep in stock, than it is ok to order. On this order because of the dollar amount, email the user requesting their line managers contact info. Call Line Manager to verify this order is ok. Ex: Inc296186. Cost will be around $3500. Order considered reasonable for this user to do his job.

This page contains a single entry by immer009 published on December 28, 2012 4:11 PM.

Installing Bootcamp Fail was the previous entry in this blog.

Configure a Mac - manual install is the next entry in this blog.