- Rio Tinto, an international mining company, is updating engineering standards at a number of its facilities to accommodate climate change.
- Honda, Vodafone and SwissRe are incorporating climate change into investment decisions.
- Volkswagen aims to enhance its competitive advantage by investing in water filtration plants.
- Chemical manufacturer BASF considers climate risk when planning expansion.
- Siemens is developing strategies to capitalize on opportunities presented by climate change.
Coren suggests that using a risk management approach rather than calculating the costs of individual adverse events will be key for companies hoping to cope successfully with a warmer world. "Businesses could come to see climate adaptation 'as an insurance policy against an uncertain future,'" he writes. Read more.