If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for any of the officer positions, please e-mail Brandon Wu at email@example.com with the following nomination information:
- Candidate's name, academic program and year
- The office for which candidacy is sought
- One to two paragraphs describing the candidates interests/experiences in international development and her or his goals for IPID
- A short
response to one of the following framing IPID questions:
- How does an interdisciplinary perspective shift our conceptualization of international development?
- What are the trends and issues affecting current approaches to international development?
- What is the future of this interdisciplinary field (including the role of the international community)?
IPID officers and committee chairs must be able to commit to 1 year in office and must commit to 1.5 to 2.5 hours of involvement per week.
Descriptions of officer positions follow:
The President presides over all meetings of IPID and acts as official representative of the club at other meetings and events. The President is also the co-coordinator of committees and working groups.
The Vice President presides at meetings of IPID in the absence of the president and succeeds the president if the president were unable to complete his/her term of office. The Vice President is also co-coordinator of committees and working groups.
The secretary of the IPID student group shall be responsible for:
- keeping, sending out, and posting minutes from every IPID meeting;
- organizing and coordinating meeting times and locations;
- providing support at IPID events;
- maintaining regular, open communications among the IPID committees;
- coordinating agenda-setting with other officers (especially with the president, vice president, and treasurer) as needed.
The treasurer of the IPID student group shall be responsible for:
- keeping up-to-date and accurate information on IPID's financial transactions;
- maintaining detailed records of income and expenditures;
- ensuring that IPID's budget is balanced;
- liaising with the finance staff of funders;
- providing regular updates to IPID officers about the financial condition of the group;
- assisting in the development of the student group's budget for the next fiscal year.
The At-Large Member is an officer for the IPID student group whose responsibilities include:
- filling the role of any absent officers;
- providing support and acting as a liaison to other officers and committee chairs;
- delegating duties;
- assisting the organization of events;
- providing feedback to committees and helping to maintain open communications among them.
Additionally, IPID is looking to fill the following committee chair position, which was vacated by Rachel Garaghty (and is currently being filled on an interim basis by IPID Vice President Brandon Wu) at the end of the fall 2011 semester:
Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Chair:
The ITC Chair is responsible for managing IPID's website, listserv and other digital media outlets. Basic knowledge of web content management is beneficial, but not required.