- Vice President
- At-Large Officer
- IT & Communications (ITC) Chair
- Finance Chair
If you would like to nominate yourself for any of the officer positions, please contact Connor Molloy at email@example.com with the following information by this Friday, March 1st:
- Candidate's name, academic program and year
- The office for which candidacy is sought
- One to two paragraphs describing your interests/experience in international development and your goals for IPID
All IPID officers and committee chairs must be enrolled graduate/professional students for the 2012-2013 school year at the University of Minnesota and registered for at least six credits. Exceptions to the requirement are permitted for graduate students upon receipt of a letter from the Director of Graduate Studies of the student's department certifying that the student is actively pursuing a degree.
IPID officers and committee chairs must be able to commit to 1 year in office and can expect about 1.5 to 2.5 hours of involvement per week. IPID is not generally active during the winter and summer breaks.
Summary of IPID Leadership Positions
President: The President presides over all meetings of IPID and acts as official representative of the club at other meetings and events. The President is also the co-coordinator of committees and working groups.
Vice President: The Vice President presides at meetings of IPID in the absence of the president and succeeds the president if the president were unable to complete his/her term of office. The Vice President is also co-coordinator of committees and working groups.
Secretary: The secretary of the IPID student group shall be responsible for:
- keeping, sending out, and posting minutes from every IPID meeting;
- organizing and coordinating meeting times and locations;
- providing support at IPID events;
- maintaining regular, open communications among the IPID committees;
- coordinating agenda-setting with other officers (especially with the president, vice president, and treasurer) as needed.
Treasurer: The treasurer of the IPID student group shall be responsible for:
- keeping up-to-date and accurate information on IPID's financial transactions;
- maintaining detailed records of income and expenditures;
- ensuring that IPID's budget is balanced;
- liaising with the finance staff of funders;
- providing regular updates to IPID officers about the financial condition of the group;
- assisting in the development of the student group's budget for the next fiscal year.
At-Large Officer: The At-Large Officer is an officer for the IPID student group whose responsibilities include:
- filling the role of any absent officers;
- providing support and acting as a liaison to other officers and committee chairs;
- delegating duties;
- assisting the organization of events;
- providing feedback to committees and helping to maintain open communications among them.
Additionally, IPID is looking to fill the following committee chair positions, which will either be vacated at the end of the spring 2013 semester or are currently vacant:
Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Chair: The ITC Chair is responsible for managing IPID's website, listserv and other digital media outlets. This person will also assist with email communications regarding IPID events and announcements. Basic knowledge of web content management is beneficial, but not required.
Finance Chair: The role of the Finance Chair is to identify, prepare and secure funding for IPID operations, events, and programs. The Finance Chair will head the Finance and Fundraising Committee and will be responsible for:
- finding, writing and securing grants for IPID student group activities;
- overseeing the responsible use of these funds;
- ensuring that the specific provisions of each grant awarded are met.