Anthony

Hey Anthony! This will be the last time I respond to you but it has been great talking back and forth with you! I'm excited to go home for Christmas! It's will be a nice break! I think that is awesome that you think you will be a basketball player in 10 years! What an awesome goal! Anyways, it's too bad you don't like snow! I love snow! I'm pretty big into snowboarding though. Anyways, have a nice life! Peace Out!

Posted by at 4:17 PM

Anthony

Posted by at 4:17 PM

What it is

Hey Guys, what's up! I'm just going to write one response to both of you if that's okay. I don't have enough time in class this week to write two unfortunately. Oh well, though! So, anthony, you have a new prep? What's a prep? Is that a topic that your teacher gave you ahead of time to write about? Art is a good topic to get if that's what it is. I'm am a Child Psychology major, with an Art minor. (I believe sally asked me that question) But I might switch my major to Art and pick a different minor. That the cool thing about being my age (18 years) and being in college, I have so many choices on what I want to be in the future that I'm still making up my mind. It's fun growing and discovering more about myself. I believe that's a lot of what college is about, is finding out who you are as a person and then developing that with education. That's why I decided to go to the U of M, I felt like of all the other schools I applied to, the U had the most options for me to choose from for my future. I've never been to any other colleges other than just for visiting, but by what I've seen it's one of the best! Gotta go now! Peace Out!

Continue reading "What it is"

Posted by at 4:40 PM

To Anthony

hey Anthony! How's it going? I didn't do a lot for Halloween. I went to a couple of costume parties that weekend, and ate a ton of candy! I was almost sick from all the candy by the time halloween finally came! That wasn't good, trust me! But oh well, I had a lot of fun. I was an 80's rock star named Blondie on one night, and then the next night I was a different 80's rock star named Cyndi Lauper. What where you for halloween? Aren't you excited for Thanksgiving coming up right around the corner! I get to go home to South Dakota for the first time this year since school has started! I'm very excited! But anyways, you wanted to know what a good tip to being a college student is...hmm...I have to think about that one for a second...Got It! Don't let other people ever talk you into being someone you're not, and never give up on trying to succeed. That was a good question by the way. I need to go though, so I'll talk to you later Anthony!

*Jewdi

Posted by at 4:59 PM

to sally

Hey Sally! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I don't have internet in my dorm room, so it can be very difficult to get to a computer. That's an awesome message you wrote me though! That must have been a lot of fun living in California! Where did you like living better? I have a lot of fun living here, but I still miss my friends back home, so it's hard for me to choose. I'm glad I came to this school because it's close enough for me to go home on the holidays. That was a big reason I chose this school, because all the other schools that I wanted to go to were too far away. I also liked the campus here at the University of Minnesota. It's very pretty, and they do a good job of taking care of the students. Also, I thought it would be fun to live somewhere different for a change. I have lived in the same state my entire life! I have only moved to different towns that are all close to each other. The last city I lived in was the biggest though. It was about 1/4 the size of Minneapolis. I liked it the best though, and I can't wait to go home on Thanksgiving! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Sally! I'll talk to you later!

*Jewdi

Posted by at 4:52 PM

To Anthony

Hey Anthony! How's it going? Did you like living in Chicago? How long have you lived here? Are there any good fishing spots around here? I used to go fishing all the time back home! It was a lot of fun! I don't eat all the time here in college, but there is a lot of food! You get free food sometimes from places just because you're a college student! It's a lot of fun! They also have cafeteria's in the dorm room buildings. Those have okay food. But if there's anything you want to know just ask me! Talk to you later Anthony!

Posted by at 4:36 PM

to ronshawnda

Sorry about the wait. But what interesting letter you sent me! I have been in a couple of fights, yes; but I grew out of that when I was younger. I don't fight anymore because I realized that was not right. But moving on from that...is there anything you would want to know about college? There is a lot of homework, but it's not that hard so I don't mind it. I don't have a car, but they pretty much provide everything we need right here on the college campus! So sometimes I take the bus to the store. My friends and I always make an adventure out of it. But anyways, I'll talk to you later ronshawnda!

Posted by at 4:30 PM

Hello Lincoln Elementary!

Hey! My name is Jewdi and I am a student here at the University of Minnesota. I am 18 years old and I just moved up here from Rapid City, South Dakota! The city I lived in wasn't near as big as Minneapolis! This is a big change for me! Have you lived in the city your whole life? Do you like living in the city? I lived in a nice house back home, it wasn't fancy or anything, but it was home! I grew up with a lot of sisters, four to be exact. I am very close with all of them, and we still talk all the time, even though I moved away. Do you have any brothers or sisters? What kind of games and things do you and your siblings play? My sister and I used to go snowboarding a lot! Except she likes to ski, and I like to snowboard. We're both very different people but we still get along. I also love to hike and go camping, as long as I'm doing something outside I'm happy. Do you play any sports? Sports are fun as long as you don't take it too seriously. I'm not very good at school sports so I never played any in high school or middle school, but I like other kinds of sports like rock climbing, and swimming up in the mountains with my friends. I miss my friends from home, but I've made a lot of really cool friends here too! Do you and your friends go do things very much? What do you like to do? Actually it's time for me to go meet up with some of my new friends so I should go! But it was fun talking to you, I'm excited to hear back from you!

talk to you soon,
Jewdi

Posted by at 8:19 PM

Revision Group

My revision group went pretty decent this week. I didn't have my paper posted yet, but I got good ideas from listening to other people talk. I also was able to put my opinion in on other peoples papers even though I hadn't had a lot of time to read them thoroughly.

Posted by at 8:03 PM

I've been places...

Depending on what time of my life I choose to compare I could tell many different stories. I have been to more different kinds of schools and atmospheres than most people could imagine. This possibly the one of the greatest influences or reasons for me being the person I am today. When I was leaving fourth grade I decided that I didnít want to go to school anymore. I convinced my parents that I could teach myself. Previous to me pulling out of school I had already experienced catholic private school, public school, and a very tiny, non-denominational private school. I then proceeded to teach myself from grades five to eight. I lived at home with my mother and younger sister and they were 90% percent of my social contact during those three years. I had a few close friends, but I didnít care weather or not I saw them. I was going through a very independent stage of my life at the time. My father worked a job that kept him an hour and a half away for four consecutive days of the week. Therefore, I taught myself Monday-Thursday, and Friday was family day because my dad would always come home that day for the weekend. After middle school I decided I was sick of all the alone time I had and I wanted to try a bigger school. That summer my family moved to Rapid City, the place where my dadís job was located, so that we could see him everyday. I transferred into a moderate sized private school my freshman year. Unfortunately for them during my many years of self teaching I had developed a very strong sense of who I was and I had become somewhat of the odd-kid-out. The school did not like that though, they didnít want individuals, they wanted kids who they could mold into their perfect little cookie-cutters ideals of what a Christian should be. That wasnít me, so again, I left to find something that better fit me. Little did I know that it would be the largest public high school in the state. My high school was very diverse culturally and economically. This was mostly due to the huge sized but also because of itís placement in our city. It was stuck directly in between the poorest part of town and the richest. A person only had to walk a matter of a few blocks in either direction to get to either side. This caused kids from all over the city to end up there. Finally I had found a place where I fit.
All of the different experiences I had as a child educationally is probably the main difference between me and any given student from Lincoln. Due to being raised in a poorer part of the city with a family that probably canít afford to send their children anywhere but the local public school has probably prevented nearly all of those children from ever going to different types of schools. They will spend most of their educational lives in the same atmosphere and, unfortunately, will not get as much diversity as they grow into adults.

Posted by at 5:01 PM