disabling student parents

As we have discussed in class, it is unfortunate that I often times feel that my being a student parent gives me a certain disability to function as a "typical" student. In fact I'm even considering taking my two year old son to my evening final just to prove a point. Unfortunately, I have a class which is held during the morning hours, but every exam is held at night, 7pm to be specific. I have also even heard other students complain about the test scheduling even though they don't have children, because they also commute. Given the fact that this very campus is always alerting us about its high crime rates, just imagine the stress someone like myself would encounter if I had to travel back and fourth to campus via Metro Transit, after having had to find ALTERNATIVE child care for my son, who's day care closes at 5:30pm.