Justice.

Justice. I was very unsure as of where to start with this topic and where I even wanted to go with it or what to say. I decided to go ahead and see what the internet had to say about the topic. Here is what I found:
1. fairness: fairness or reasonableness, especially in the way people are treated or decisions are made
2. system or application of law: the legal system, or the act of applying or upholding the law
3. validity: validity in law
Synonyms: fairness, impartiality, righteousness, reasonableness, evenhandedness, fair dealing, honesty, integrity, uprightness, rightness, justness
After looking at what the internet was saying the most up-to-date definition of justice was, I had to take a moment to laugh. Yes, this is a great definition and list of examples, but does anyone really follow them anymore? We live in a society that is pretty much solely concerned with progress. I'm not saying that progress is a bad thing, but it is when people start stepping on others to achieve it. You see this behavior in business settings, schools, families, and easily, the legal system. I feel that people no longer act reasonably, deal fairly, or concern themselves with integrity. Who can honestly say they are anything close to righteous? Evenhandedness has clearly been thrown out the window. I mean, people hate other people for physical traits or personal preferences? What is that? I don't see why people take themselves so seriously as to think that they are even remotely better than ANYONE else in the world. A random twist in events or a minor detail of that past could both mean someone's existence being completely extinguished. I think that a big step to getting back on the road to real justice is to be able to be content. Humans need to realize that they are just one miniscule fleck in the fabric of time. We all come from the Homo genus and trying to set anyone apart from another is wildly unnecessary and slightly mad. Justice cannot and will not be what it is meant to be until the world learns to open its mind and arms to peace and gratitude.