Who we are... :)

Hi everyone, my name is Megan Harris. I am a Freshman from Andover, Minnesota. I'm in CSE and hope to study Biomedical Engineering! I discovered my passion for biomedical engineering when I joined a group called the Medtronic Explore Post. In the post I was vice-president and helped with the meetings where we learned from employees from Medtronic. I found it super interesting because they would talk about their work in pacemakers, stents and defibrillators. Hopefully one day I will be able to join their work and help save lives :).

I also enjoy playing music! I used to play Alto Saxophone all through middle school and my freshman year of high school, but then I switched to Bassoon the middle of 9th grade. Our class did not have any bassoon players so a friend and I decided to try it out. I am very glad I switched to bassoon because it has been the most rewarding and fun experience. Bassoons are pretty rare and not many people know about them but this is what one looks like:
2890378.jpg

Wow, that's super cool! You don't really hear of anyone playing the bassoon. What do you plan to do with bio medical engineering?

I've known a bassoonist or two in my day. They were pretty great people. You better live up to it!
You've chosen a noble profession. Get to it.