Final Blog

Coming into this class, I had a very different view on justice and what it means. I learned this semester that justice starts inside the self. I learned that justice is to have an understanding that everyone is an equal to everyone else, regardless of who they are on the inside, or what they look like on the outside. Justice is to be fair. To ensure that everyone is treated equally and that everyone is treated well. This semester we discussed topics that I am not comfortable with. We discussed topics that made my heart ache and we also talked about things that gave me hope. I learned that change comes from within us, and that to achieve it, we must first take a step back and look at ourselves. A lot of terrible things go on around the world that I had never stopped to look at. Not because I don't care, but because I feel like there is nothing I can do to fix such big problems. This class has taught me that I was wrong. That I can change the world, even if it starts just in my own community. I learned that Justice is about togetherness. We need to stick together as humans and realize how amazing we each are as individuals.