Uses of the Erotic

I really enjoyed this reading by Audre Lorde because of her extremely creative writing and insightful points of view. One of my favorite quotes from this piece was "the erotic is a measure between the beginnings of our sense of self and the chaos of our strongest feelings". I really liked how she made something so immeasurable, such as our feelings, and turned it into something tangible for the reader to understand. The erotic is something that is personal for each individual that gives them a unique sense of fulfillment that can change the way they experience and look at the world around them.

This goes along with another one of my favorite quotes, which is: "But when we begin to live from within outward, in tough with the power of the erotic within ourselves, and allowing that power to inform and illuminate our actions upon the world around us, then we begin to be responsible to ourselves in the deepest sense." I found this quote to be very motivating and inspirational. It is saying that if we let the outside forces guide our lives and decisions, then we will always have limitations and boundaries that set by this external force. However, one you come in touch with and use the erotic, you can begin to feel whole without the unnecessary material goods and without the negative feelings towards others and your self.

Good quotes. I also enjoyed Audre Lorde's article on the uses of erotic and found that she did a good job in defining the erotic.