Blog 2: hip hop feminism

I wasn't quite sure of what hip hop feminism was and I am not sure that there is a distinct answer exactly. From what we have learned in class I think that it is a combination of hip hop and making women feel as though what they do is taken seriously and is meaningful. The Essence Of Prodigy Dance Studio Based in the midwest, and is a Dance studio that offers high energy Hip-Hop dance classes specializing & incorporating New Skool Hip-Hop, R&B, Dancehall & variety of other dance styles. All classes are geared toward giving women a fun & enjoyable dance fitness workout in a more relaxed environment. The Essence Of Prodigy Dance Studio is geared toward all age groups. essence of prodigy.jpegHip Hop Star Choreographer PAzAZz has choreographed, assisted in artist development & danced back up for various groups & solo artist both locally and nationally for over 20 years, PAzAZz has worked with many artists including Prince and Paris Bennet from American Idol. He has also worked with many youth group organizations, schools and various corporations such as Verizon Wireless and the Mall of America, just to name a few.

I think that I would define hip-hop feminism as a genre of hip-hop that looks to raise women up rather than bring them down and treat them as sex objects like a lot of hip-hop music tends to do. I don't know if someone who has more experience in feminism would agree with that definition but that's what I think it is.