Global Youth and Narcotics

The issue of young people and narcotic use is apparent in America, but what we refuse to notice is that it is also a large issue for youth on a global level. From Afghanistan to London, these dangerous drugs are spreading quickly and continue to become even more deadly than before. With the rising number of chemicals that can be combined with these drugs, they are becoming less pure and most of the time youth using these drugs do not realize what they are actually taking. A lot of this rising epidemic can be blamed on both the media and the way youth role models brag about using these drugs. Disguising these deadly drugs as a way to party and a necessity for a good time, young people are especially subject to false messages.

I like the way Macklemore addresses this issue. As a former drug user himself, he brings along a real perspective and criticizes those artists in hip hop that glorify drug use.