Where I Stand Now

I have always loved hip hop. My parents hated that I would blast it in my room and I started doing it probably when I was in about fifth grade. I loved the beat, the lyrics, everything about it. It made me want to dance! But I never really understood hip hop apparently until now. I never associated hip hop with social change before. I am a B.I.S. major at the U and I am concentrating on Social Justice, Sociology (LCD) and Psychology. I was pleased that I was able to draw so many connections between this class and my sociology and social justice classes. We talk alot about white privilege and inequality and how that inequality is perpetuated by our society and culture. I feel like this class helped make what I now know from this semester much more concrete and has given me a way to apply that knowledge to something to something that I can connect to personally.