Born with skis on my feet

Minnesota: The Land of 10 000 Lakes
Minneapolis: The safest city in the US
University of Minnesota: Driven to Discover

Why did I come here?

In Norway we say that Norwegians are "born with skis on their feet". Seasonal change (spring, summer, winter, fall) is natural to me, and studying in Florida during my bachelor's degree I know it is also necessary for me (I missed snow too much). Minnesotan nature in fact influenced my decision to study at the U.

Take a look at the famous Spoonbridge and Cherry in winter (isn't it beautiful?):

Spoonbridge and cherry in winter

For those who prefer spring and summer, it will interest you to know that Minnesota has more shore line than the states of Hawai'i, Alaska and Florida combined! No wonder they call Minnesota the Land of 10 000 Lakes.

Nature aside, the major reason I came to the University was the excellent research opportunities. Although I study social psychology, I conduct research with faculty from counseling and clinical psychology and the communications department, and we collaborate with people from philosophy and Carlson School of Management. Lab rooms, statistical software, research participants and conferences abound and we are encouraged to take advantage of these.

The University of Minnesota is Driven to Discover, and as a budding researcher I have found my place here. I look out my office window every day as the seasons change. Winter is approaching and I can't wait to go cross-country skiing soon. If you haven't tried skiing before, I'm sure you would love it.

Research and snow, these were my main reasons. All the other positive aspects of Minneapolis are just a cherry on top :)

Hade bade (bye bye), Susanne

P.S. Take a look at the trust-building exercise a couple of my friends and I did in the snow last year. So much fun! Susanne and friends skiing.AVI

Good stuff. I dont remember reading such a good article. You should write more

I want to tell you that this interview of Bogdanov brothers was taken in Festival of Science Fiction and Utopiales!Looking these brothers I was upset.

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it'll do even better in those areas, but for now it's a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod's strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

Wenn ich aus Russland und ich möchte eine Working Holiday Visum, ist es unerlässlich, eine Versicherung haben? Vielen Dank für diesen informativen Artikel.
Russland Visum

You really allow it to be seem very easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually something which I believe I would never understand.

I am typically to blogging and i actually admire your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your web site and keep checking for brand spanking new information.

Thanks for the good writeup. It in reality used to be a entertainment account it. Glance complex to far added agreeable from you! However, how can we be in contact?

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually a thing that I think I would never understand.

You actually make it seem very easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.

You really allow it to be seem so easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to be actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem very easy together with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually a thing that I think I'd never understand.

You really allow it to be seem very easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually a thing that I believe I'd never understand.

Great to hear, I'm nor a Norwegian, but I still consider myself as born with skiis, and I love it when people feel this way, its great to be in a company of simmilar thinking people. Enjoy!