An exclusive "insider" insight ;)

Hey everyone,
I realize that a lot of people are not very familiar with what it is I actually study. So I'll try in this blog to give you guys an exclusive "insider" insight on my world of Public Policy at the U of M :P

AboutUs1.jpg

So, to start with, public policy basically helps us understand issues that affect our everyday life. It not only studies the action or inaction of a state towards a specific issue, but also the decision making and analysis of governmental decisions.

There are probably hundreds of reasons why I chose this field of study. However, I think that my strongest drive was my passion for youth and women development back in Bahrain. Public policy seemed to be the perfect bridge through which I'm able to connect the world of theories I learned so much about in my undergraduate degree, to the world of people I wanted to help and work with. To make a change in the world I come from, we have to do so much as a whole society and as governments. Often times, we have the means to address issues such as poverty, inequality, youth and women empowerment, but we lack the will to do it. I am here because I want to learn how to match wills with means.

One last thing I wanted to talk about too is how awesome my class-mates here are, a lot of whom I became really good friends with. They come from all over the world: Iran, Libya, Yemen, Oman, The Emirates, Mexico, Peru, Nicaragua, Chad, Togo, India, Pakistan, and many many more places. We get to bring so many different perspectives to one common issue, and I find that absolutely AMAZING!!

Because of everything I mentioned above, I believe that my education experience at the University of Minnesota is one that I will cherish forever. If you have any inquiries about it, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Have a lovely week!

Hugs, Sara

P.S: I wanted to share this video with you guys about a young Bahraini entrepreneur and a project that she founded and developed. She found a mean to her will, and today I'm learning how to help many other women realize their potential and find the means to meet them as well :)

The facts don't lie here but I'm afraid you are wrong.

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually a thing that I believe I'd never understand.

You actually make it seem very easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

You really allow it to be seem very easy with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually a thing that I think I would never understand.

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to be actually a thing that I believe I would never understand.