Epidemiology

Hi everyone:)
Thanks for coming back to my blog this week. Last week it was the Halloween holiday and I realized it was the first one since I have been in the United States that it hadn't snowed. I can't wait for it to snow.

Today I want to talk to you about my program. I am in the Epidemiology Master's of Public Health program. It is one of the more popular programs at the School of Public Health here at the University of Minnesota. I really like the program because it has met all my expectations so far. I chose to join the program at the U of M because the School of Public Health is ranked in the top 10 in the country by the U.S. News & World Report.
What is Public Health? Watch Video

Also, I had excellent recommendations about the program and the faculty from public health professionals and colleagues I worked with at the Minnesota Department of Health before I joined the program.

The classes I have enjoyed so far are the series of Biostatistics classes I took the last two semesters and the Infectious Disease Epidemiology class I took last semester. I am certain to use the skills and knowledge I am gaining in the program in my career as an epidemiologist and as a public health professional in general. The Epidemiology MPH program is a terminal degree which means I can work in the field as soon as I complete the program, which is what I want to do after graduation. It is also a requirement for the Epidemiology PhD program which I will be pursuing in the few coming years.

I have most of my classes in the Mayo Memorial Building which also has the student center called the SPHere. The Epidemiology and Community Health division and professor's offices are located in the West Bank Office Building on the West Bank campus.

Division1.jpg
I really like my classmates. I know almost all of them because we have taken several classes together in the past year. I have also worked in the field with some of my classmates which made our experience more exciting because we could discuss the similarities between what we learn in class and what we encounter in the field.

If you want to become a part of this wonderful experience APPLY to the School of Public Health today!

You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually something which I believe I would never understand.

You actually make it seem very easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

A great program! For those that come across Dotty's post, read more about similar stories and program information at 'What Is Epidemiology?'