Inside of a secret bale that covers my course...

New friend: "What is your major?"

Me: "Human Resource Development (HRD)."

New friend: "That sounds interesting.... By the way, what is it?"

Even though we are students at the U, we don't know much about other majors but ourselves.
You will be asked, "what do you study in your program?", 100 times if you enter the university.

U of M has more than 300 courses, and each one is very unique!
So, listening to stories about other programs is really interesting and sometimes surprising.

Today, I'm very excited to introduce my program, HRD, and to tell you the secrets of it.

I'm often asked the difference between my program and the Human Resource and Industrial Relations program in Carlson School of Management.
They say, "your program is in the bale of secret." haha

Actually, the answer is simple.

In the HRD program, I learn comprehensive processes for problem solving related to human capital in an organization. That's the difference from the one in Carlson School because they focuses on business.

I chose this program because it was perfectly matched what I needed to learn.
But not only that, I realized how I like my program after I spent one year here.
The main reasons are the contents, classes, and classmates.

The unique contents

London trip.JPG
In the HRD program, I can learn all these fields, HRD, Adult Education, and Organizational Psychology.

Especially, UofM is in the best 3 universities in the U.S. to learn organizational psychology. There is no other university that has strong and comprehensive program of HRD.

Theoretical & practical classes

Class.JPG

The program provides both knowledge of many theories and opportunities to acquire practical methods.
In one of my favorite classes, Training and Development of Human Resources, every group had to create a whole training program for an actual company. It was very fun to visit a company, observe employees, and interview to them. I learned a lot about how to act in a actual situation as an HR professional.

Wonderful professors and classmates!

Dr.Rosemarie and classmates.JPGThe biggest reason I like my program is the classmates! I made diverse and smart friends through classes including a MBA professor, consultants, university advisers, HR professionals, and owners of business companies. Of course there are some students who don't have work experience, but they are also smart and have dreams for after graduation. I learn A LOT from the classmates and LOVE IT!!!

I know it is hard to decide a program to apply because there are too many courses, but it means you can find the best one from the hundreds choices. It's exciting, isn't it?

Feel free to ask me if you have questions about HRD in College of Education and Human Development.

Thank you for reading my blog, see you until the next one!
Have a nice day. Everyday! :))

Kyoko

Finally, news that is unbiased. I like your opinion.

You really allow it to be seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem very easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually something which I believe I would never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually something which I believe I would never understand.

You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I've found this topic to be actually a thing that I think I'd never understand.

You really allow it to be seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually a thing that I believe I'd never understand.