YOU in your country =/= YOU in the U.S.?

Imagine...
What do you answer when someone ask you, "who are you?"

When I was in Japan, I've never answered, "I'm Japanese" because all people around me were Japanese! haha

Now, I often say "I'm Japanese" or "I'm an M.Ed. student in HRD" to introduce myself.

Being an international student changed my answer.
But I realized that some characteristics of mine haven't changed, and these may be fundamental elements that consist of Kyoko Yamada.

I spend much time for volunteer. It will never change regardless of where I live.

Here are some volunteer activities on and off campus that I participate in.

1. American Red Cross
Do you remember severe earthquakes occurred in Haiti and Chile early this year?
800px-Haiti_Earthquake_building_damage.jpgI knew that there were numerous people who were suffering from disasters or wars even when I was in Japan.
However, I might have thought it was happening somewhere in the world.

But when the earthquakes occurred, I got a different feeling from before because I had friends from the countries.

I wanted to do something for people who lived there, and then it became a trigger that I joined American Red Cross.

2. On Campus Groups
19052_293585101171_569736171_3592158_1770230_n.jpgThere are many student groups that volunteer regularly or occasionally. Japan Student Association (JSA) sold handmade Origami products for fund raising and sent the money to Haiti.

Because U of M has huge population of international students, being an international student at U will make your world smaller and will motivate you to contribute to other countries as well to your country.

3. Volunteer for Classes
26020_10100183562596020_13931035_60490453_7259741_n.jpgThis picture was taken when I helped an event organized a Japanese culture and literature class.

I volunteer as much as possible when teachers or students in Japanese class need help.

It's my pleasure to help people especially who are interested in my country. Also, it brings me many friends!

4. Rainbow Letters
Lastly, I founded a small volunteer group that bridges U of M and a national hospital in Japan. Refer our page in Facebook for more information.

If you are interested in volunteer around the campus, you can find lots opportunities at Community Service-Learning Center.

Imagine...
You are an international student at U.

What aspect of you will be different from you living in your country?
What aspect of you won't be changed?

It would be up to you... :]

Feel free to ask me questions regarding more volunteer experiences.

Have a good day! and everyday!
Kyoko :D

I love this blog! You are involved in such amazing activities. Do the volunteer activities complement your learning in the classroom?

Beth

Cant even wait for another moment, gotta tell everyone about this.

Pretty good posting here,. I never considered that I will catch any information like that ,but your put up actually help me.Superior issues are sharing here.I like your publish ,Now I'm waiting on your next post.So hold writing.

>Beth
Thanks :) These activities are not directly relevant to the field of my study, but they bring different and precious perspectives to my entire life!

Hi Darmowa!
That's my super super pleasure! Thanks!

Hello Luigi,
I'm very very happy to hear that! Will keep working hard for the next blog. Thanks!

You really allow it to be seem very easy together with your presentation but I've found this topic to be actually something which I believe I would never understand.

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod's. It works well, but isn't as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that's not an issue, but if you're planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod's larger screen and better browser may be important.

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it'll do even better in those areas, but for now it's a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod's strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution & assist other users like its helped me. Good job.

Hi there, I discovered your site via Google whilst searching for a related matter, your website came up, it appears to be like good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

This is the correct weblog for anyone who desires to find out about this topic. You notice so much its virtually laborious to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just nice!

Pretty component of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I get actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your augment or even I success you access persistently fast.

Great stuff, a lot that I book marked the post YOU in your country =/= YOU in the U.S.? - International Student Ambassadors Blog done well

You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually something which I believe I would never understand.

Undeniably consider that that you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be at the web the easiest thing to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as other folks consider worries that they just do not recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest well defined out the entire thing with no need side effect , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

Good write-up, I am normal visitor of one’s website, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

Thanks , I have recently been looking for information approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I have found out so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the source?

You could definitely see your skills in the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your website is very cool. I'm impressed by the details that you’ve on this site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just couldn't come across. What a great website.