A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit!

Hello Everybody!

Welcome to the spring semester of 2011 at the U of M!

Have you had a great winter vacation? Mine was awesome--I went back home and visited my families and friends. We kept talking, eating and playing. I guess this is how it should be looked like once you are away from home for a long time, isn't it?

I would say everything went on pretty well during my stay at home except one thing, which is I got my stuff stolen two days in a row--one is my ipod touch, the other is my digital camera. This is the thing I would like to emphasize for all international students once they go back home either just for vacation or post-graduation career--please be very very mindful about your surroundings since it changed greatly.

CredantIDTHEFTcartoon.jpg

Probably because I've been staying in the US for more than a year, and already used to a living environment without much stolen things happening around me, my safety awareness kind of faded away. I have got two female friends, also Chinese, lost their purses one in Walmart, the other on the bus. However surprisingly, they both ended up getting their stuff back within one week and amazingly with everything in the purse! Thus for me, I'm becoming less and less aware about the issue of being stolen.

It could be due to how developed a nation is, different living standard of a society, and how well-educated its citizens are, never forget to change your mindset if you are leaving the US and going back home. This can also be one of the culture shocks for all international students once they re-enter their home countries. Thus always remember "refresh" your mind, and stay alert again about your home surroundings, then you will find your time back home even more enjoyable!

All the best,
Yu Meng

Good to note! Things are a ton simpler here in the USA.

You actually allow it to be seem so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually a thing that I think I would never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem very easy with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually a thing that I believe I would never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem very easy together with your presentation but I've found this topic to be actually something which I believe I'd never understand.

You really make it seem very easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually something which I think I would never understand.