I am happy to be back

Hi everyone!
Happy New Year 2011 and welcome back to my blog!
I have some exciting news for you. Over the winter break (or summer considering I was in Africa) I got married! I was very happy to see all my friends and relatives back home in Tanzania and to meet my new family in Swaziland. The weather was perfect and my wedding day was the best day of my life. I was and I still am very very happy! It was hard planning a wedding while studying last fall but it was all worth it in the end and more proof that there is life in graduate school! I am happy to be back in Minnesota (despite the chilling weather) to start my spring semester and my last year of graduate school!
DSC06090.JPG

As I start my last year of graduate school I have started to ask myself the inevitable question, "what do I want to do after I graduate?" I know the answer to this question and that is I want to work in my field of training which is public health. However, the transition from graduate school to a career requires preparation. So, this semester I decided to take classes that teach practical skills that I would use in the field right away. I like all my classes and I am learning a lot of practical experience from other students who happen to be professionals. Like many other classes at the School of Public Health and the Graduate School in general, the mix between professionals and students at the beginning of their professional careers is common. It is a wonderful and rare opportunity to learn, network, and interact with students from different academic fields and levels of career that I would not have met otherwise. For example, I am taking this wonderful course from the Center of Spirituality and Healing called Whole Systems Healing: Health and the Environment, and already I have met students in urban planning, creative writing, health policy and management, nursing, music and so on and so forth. Their diverse perspectives enrich the discussions we have in class and make the course interesting.
As you continue to apply to graduate schools this spring consider applying to the University of Minnesota where the diversity of the courses you can take, like the ones I am taking this spring semester, enrich your graduate career and your life at the U.
Apply today!

Congratulations Dorothy!

It looks like such a beautiful wedding. Is you new husband here or back home? Is it hard to balance your personal life and being a full time graduate student?

Beth

Dorothy! you are SO SO gorgeous! Congrats again!

Hi there this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

You actually allow it to be seem so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually something which I think I would never understand.

Certainly the blog should be to develop a new specification, which is used daily posting rules, consistent with the rules of reason and common sense.

Omg you hit it on the spot I will submit to Twitter in addition to Bebo congratulations I am happy to be back - International Student Ambassadors Blog love it

Kudos for the wonderful posting... We certainly liked studying it, you're a wonderful publisher. We will make certain to book mark your web page and may return someday. We want to support one to carry on this great job, enjoy your afternoon? Anyway have you read Bahrain remarkable announcement? Salam ... Flash Website

Great read , I am going to spend more time learning about this subject

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.

nice pictures...love to see other wedding picture like this..

get the island of Bali as your wedding ceremony...