Most beautiful snow

Norwegians say, "there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes."

As we prepare for another bout of the white material, what can you do to make the most out of a snow-heavy February?

Here is a list of my favorite snowy to-dos:

1. Go skiing

cross-country-skiing.jpg

Cross-country skiing is by far my favorite, and I would recommend Theodore Wirth park. There are trails stretching for miles and miles, and you can almost get lost in the beautiful woods. There's also downhill skiing, which you might try at Afton Alps.

2. Go ice skating

group-ice-skating_178.jpg

In Norway we skate on the lakes, and on rinks. Ice skating is a lot of fun, and there are several opportunities in Minneapolis.

3. Make a snowman

snowmen.jpg

Have you ever built a snowman? Have you built one in the last, say... 5 years? If not, you should! Personally I relish activities I loved as a child, and building snowmen is one of them. How tall can you make it? How human-like? What will you use to dress it?

4. Play around

Snow Angel 10.jpg

Everything you can do in winter, you can do in summer (yes, even swimming!) Go to the nearest park and play tag on skis, build a ski jump, have a snowball fight, make a jump at a bottom of a hill and dare each other, sled, roll around and make snow angels... Your creativity is the limit!

5. Enjoy an evening indoors

Hot_chocolate1.jpg

There's nothing better after a day out in the snow than to curl up under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate, and homemade cinnamon buns. Watch a movie, stare into the fireplace (if you're lucky enough to have one), or play cards. We spend so much time indoors that we never appreciate it as much as we do when we come from a full day outside.

I'll end with two lines from a Norwegian poem by Kjerstin Aune:

Jeg setter ut lykter og rydder en sti,
og skriver i sn√łen: Kom inn litt og bli!

(I set out lanterns and clear a path,
and write in the snow: Come in!)

Stay warm :)

Susanne

Winter is my favorite season where I can play around with the snow with my friends. I also love when it because I can have this special bonding with my family where we just chill in front of the fireplace for the warmth. Thanks for sharing! :)

You really make it seem very easy together with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually a thing that I believe I'd never understand.

You actually allow it to be seem very easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.