My Life in "Minnesota Cold"

Happy New Semester, readers!

Spring semester 2011 is here! I'm happy to come back to this blog.

Actually, this is the busiest semester for me ever, but I'm doing pretty good. A lot of study, work, but many fun events as well. Are you wondering how come that I enjoy the winter in "Minnesota Cold"?

Here is what's going on here... :)

Being honest, it is true that winter in MN is SUPER COLD. Today, the windchill is around -20F (= -29C). It sounds awful, I know!

But for some reasons, I cannot hate this season. Look at my pictures!

Beautiful White World!
snow1.JPGsnow2.JPG

I took these pictures just randomly on campus. My home town, Aomori in Japan, has lots snow like here, but it looks different. I think the snow in MN is more beautiful because of the extremely cold and dry weather. We could see even snow crystals!

The World Under Ground...
Most buildings on campus and downtown are connected by skyway or tunnel. It's like a secret city under the ground. I go to the gym through the tunnels at least three times a week. We can keep good shape even in winter! haha

Here is the tunnel I usually pass through and the entrance of university gym.

tunnel.JPG rec center.JPG

Winter Activities?
So, I usually study in the morning, work in the afternoon, and class or workout after work. After that, usually I still need to study, but I enjoy hanging out with friends in weekends.

Although I'm not a big fan of winter sports, there are many places to have fun around Twin Cities.

For example...

Many kinds of theaters...
(I went to watch Babe and Swan Lake this winter so far!)
babe1.JPGbabe2.JPG

Nice restaurants or bars...
(New year party with other ambassadors!)
ISA party1.JPGISA party2.JPG

There are more opportunities to have fun regardless of how cold outside.

Oh, here is a great example!
We had a Super Bowl last weekend. (National champion game of football)

You will see how HOT here!
P2070126.AVI

I'm quite sure that you will find your way to enjoy winter in MN and that you won't be able to hate this SUPER COLD season.

If you're still afraid of Minnesota winter, leave a comment or question! Your question about winter life is welcome. I'd be more than happy to make you dare enough to try a new world!

Stay warm and enjoy your life.
Kyoko :)

Wow Kyoko! It sounds like to you keep really busy but still make time for fun!

For those reading this, what do you think about the idea of living in a winter wonderland?

Beth

>Beth,
I love living in this "winter wonder land"! Although some people hate cold winter, I think they should realize how beautiful outside is and should find the way to enjoy it. Another good thing to live here is.. we become five times happier than people who live in southern when spring comes! :P

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to be actually a thing that I think I would never understand.

Hallo, wer kann mir helfen: Brauche eine neue Krankenversicherung, will dafür aber nicht zu viel zahlen. Gibt es da eine zuverlässige Vergleichsquelle?
Visum Russland

Bin zwar kein Staatsdiener wohl der Kollation lohnt sich auf jedweden Fall, über 40 Versicherungen mit unzähligen Tarifen bekommt man, für jedweden ein klein bisschen dabei!

schau doch mal hier da kannst du die privaten krankenversicherungen vergleichen!