Greetings, viewers of this blog

Greetings,

I would like to start off by expressing my thankfulness to being a member of this group of students who came together to share their experiences as a student of this great campus. It might come as a surprise to some people going to small national universities/colleges around the globe. But even though we are all going to the U, it is my first time to meet most of the students in this group. The U is HUGE, Really. So it took me almost three years to meet this year's group of international student ambassadors (less than 20 students, right?). Imagine how much it would take you to meet all the 50,000 something students going to this campus? Anyways, until you do the maths, let me introduce myself.

Selam (akkam) -- meaning, greetings in Amharic and Afan Oromo -- two languages I speak from my country. My name is Bullo Mamo. I am from Ethiopia, born and raised in countryside close to a town called Wolliso. Wolliso is a small town in Oromia State, 114 km (71 miles) southwest of the Capital Addis Ababa/Finfine (ethiomap.ppt). Upon completing high school, I joined Haramaya University (see map) and graduated with BSc. After working for a while, I went to the Netherlands for my masters, after which I came to the US. I first came to University of California-Davis to do an internship as a part of my masters. I then applied to Graduate School at the U, and am now a third year PhD student in Plant Pathology.

You might ask why on earth one would move from the conducive weather of California to the cold winter of Minnesota? Minnesota offers something hard to get from somewhere else, and the cold weather would not prevent you from accessing that... if you need more justification for this and other questions, please come forward. I am here to help as much as I can while you make an important decision in your life... why to consider the University of Minnesota as a home for your graduate career....

Take care,
Bullo

I would love to know if there are Nigerian students at the graduate school of public health. Am asking because am a Nigerian and would love to speak with my country men.
Thank you