Hi there!!

Hi! My name is Maki Inoue-Choi and I'm a PhD student in Epidemiology in the Division of Epidemiology and Community Health. I'm so glad to meet you all here and excited to blog about my student life!!

I was born and raised in Osaka, Japan, but I've been in U.S. for more than 7 years so far. Before I started the PhD program, I did my master's degree in Nutritional Sciences in the University of Washington in Seattle. Actually, I first came to U.S. as a visiting clinical dietitian, but then decided to go to a grad school. I also worked in Seattle for a while between master's and PhD programs. So, I have been through lots of changes in my life in U.S.

Plus, I am now not only a student but a mom of a one-year-old girl. I met my husband in the program, got married, and had a baby!! My adviser sometimes teases me I have been through the most major life events during my life as a PhD student :)

My life centers around school, work and my baby. Yes, my life has so much hustle, but so much joy and fun, too!! Hopefully my experience and different sides of student life will help you, or at least entertain you all.

See you soon!
Maki