Weekend in Chicago!!!

Are you looking for something exciting to do in the weekend? Do you have a strong feeling that you want to travel having a short break of the busy school year? I can totally understand your feeling of that. I did have the feeling to explore something really different and exciting, but I have to be aware of busy school works as well. So I traveled to Chicago last Thursday to Saturday. So this time I really want to share with you how much fun I had visiting Chicago. Hope you find motivated packing your luggage and exploring one of the great cities in the United States as well.

It is really easy to get to Chicago from Minneapolis. You can take the Mega bus or the train. I took the overnight Mega bus on Wednesday night. The bus is very convenient and cheap. You can even use your computers to access the internet on the bus! It is very easy to purchase the bus ticket on line as well. Chicago is an amazing city. Artistic, exciting, beautiful and peaceful, I really fell in love with this city.

Thumbnail image for IMG_3003.JPG

You can find everything you might enjoy at Chicago, someone said Chicago is the home of Blues and the truth of Jazz, is the heart of comedies and the idea of skyscraper. You can spend your whole day wondering at museums full of arts and knowledge. You will always find new and delicious restaurant to try. You can stand besides the lake to enjoy the peace of the city. You can explore the luxuries of theater, shopping and bars in this energetic metropolitan as well.

I visited the Art Institute of Chicago on my first day. I am very impressed by the collection they have. Many world famous paintings are exhibited at the Museum. Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh.. Time just passed by when you are surrounding by these masterworks.

IMG_2998.JPG

Cloud Gate is another must visit sculpture. I really love this genius design. The sculpture, which is called "The bean" by people, is located at Millennium park. The surface of the sculpture reflects and distorts the city's skyline. Color of the sculpture varies with the color of the sky, blue in a sunny day, red and orange in the sunset, grey in a rainy day...

images.jpg

I also visited Shedd Aquarium Museum and Adler Planetarium Museum in Chicago. And I had delicious and authentic Chinese food at China town. Walked around in downtown looking at beautiful architectures and shopping at the Michigan Avenue. Chicago is such a wonderful city that you will have lots of unforgettable memories with her!

IMG_3268.JPG

Thumbnail image for IMG_3072.JPG

Thumbnail image for IMG_3020.JPG

I am convinced!! I want to pack my bags and visit Chicago, too :)

I’ve been coming to Chicago since I was a young boy. I was born just over the Indiana border in Valparaiso, Indiana and my brother lived in downtown Chicago for years. The problem with that is, sometimes when you travel like a townie, you overlook some of the great, most basic features of a place.

my thesis on why Chicago is the greatest city in America, I recently visited the Windy City like a tourist and took in all the sites from an outsiders prospective. I went on a Segway tour around Millennium Park, cruised down the Chicago River on a guided Kayak tour, rented a bike along Lake Michigan and ate my way across the Taste of Chicago.