Moinsen

200377_156359604425933_5502644_n.jpg

No worries, everyone, that alligator is not real :)!
Moin, moin, my dear friends. My name is David Steinfeld and I am a 2nd year Master of Social Work student from Germany. During my undergraduate career I worked as a mentor for international students which was one of the best jobs I ever had. Hence, I am very excited to be the new graduate student ambassador leader and to have another opportunity that involves serving the interests of international students.

My overall time spent studying abroad in the U.S. encompasses a total of 6 years. I spent a high school exchange year in Wisconsin and enjoyed it so much that I decided to return to the Midwest for my college career. To this day, I have been very grateful for this decision as I have had some of the best years of my life here.

So, why did I choose the Twin Cities for graduate school? For one, the university has a very good ranking overall and its social work program has been deemed one of the best in the nation. But more so, the Twin Cities has been a drawing pool for international populations, thus making it a very diverse place with an international appeal. For example, I live close to Minneapolis' famous 'Eat Street' which features many restaurants with delicious food from all over the world. You can also find many ethnic grocery stores in the Twin Cities area. I was overcome with joy when I discovered that they sell German chocolate around here because let's face it, chocolate can be one of the best stress relievers in college. Last but not least, the people here are very polite and friendly which creates a welcoming and comforting environment for new international students.

Anyway, this is all from me for now, my dear friends. More blogs will come in the future. In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions and I am happy to be of assistance. Take care and have a nice day.

san fran.jpg

Hello

My name is Angelica and I am studying a bachelor of social work in Sweden, Gothenburg.
I am considering doing one semster study abroad at this university. Therefor I wonder where to look to find classes I would be able to take? Or I just want more information the application!?

Your sincerely
Angelica

Dear Angelica,

I apologize for not replying to you sooner. Here is a link to the School of Social Work's webpage with both its undergraduate and graduate programs: http://www.cehd.umn.edu/ssw/Programs/default.asp. If you click on the different bachelor major or minor programs it will give you a list of the courses they include.
As far as the application is concerned, please refer to the following link for more information: http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/apply/ and http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/admissioninfo/intl_apply.html. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me under passport@umn.edu.
Take care and all the best to you, Angelica.

Sincerely,
David Steinfeld