My Next Favorite Restaurant: Fogo de Chão

fogo_de_Chao.jpg

This week I got the idea that Fogo de Chão will become in my next favorite restaurant in Minneapolis. For my closest friends it is not a secret that I have had a hard time in terms of food since I first arrived. I have the feeling that some people don't understand that I come from the Atlantic Coast of Colombia, where almost everything is made it with garlic, salt and red pepper; the land where rice is almost always on the table and meat is part of our biweekly dinner experience. Although Minneapolis has a colossal number of restaurants it is a little bit hard to find restaurants with the southern sabor. This is why Fogo de Chão will resolve one of my food desires.

I know this sounds a little bit unrealistic, since I haven't been at Fogo de Chão, but once in a while, I try to think about different ideas or possible 'free-time activities' that I would like to do in Minneapolis. I'm not writing about this restaurant because my Portuguese teacher is in love with it or just because I miss my delicious colombian food. It is mostly because something got my attention: their creative and persuasive menu. Take a look:

Dining Experience

Step 1: Sit down, relax, and enjoy a drink while we explain the Fogo dining experience.
Step 2: Visit our gourmet salad and sides bar. Enjoy over 30 items including fresh cut vegetables, imported cheeses, cured meats and Brazilian side dishes.
Step 3: Turn your card green side up, signaling that you are ready for our gaucho chefs to begin tableside service.
Step 4: Choose from the 15 cuts of delectable fire roasted meats that are brought to your table, sliced, and served by our gaucho chefs.
Step 5: When you are satisfied, flip the disc to the red side until you are ready for more offerings.
Step 6: If you wish, end the meal with one of our delicious desserts.

Basically, you'll find a variety of meat: Picanha, Filet Mignon, Beef Ancho, Alcatra, Fraldinha, Costela, Cordeiro, Frango, Costela de Porco, Lombo and Linguica. In terms of drinks they have a huge range that you can check by yourself. Something that make me happy is that they have one of my favorite dessert: South American Flan

Don't forget: having dinner at Fogo de Chão can cost you between $25 and $30 dollars. You better save with one or two month in advance... I can't wait to go.

Isn't it enjoyment and tasty food what you look for when you go out for dinner?