First Day of the First Semester...

The first day of classes is usually exciting. New place, new friends, new teacher, new class room...
People wake up very early in the morning, have a wonderful breakfast and go to their class super early.

However, sometimes, things do not go as planned. That's what happened to me. Things went wrong badly, and my first day of the first semester turned out to be catastrophic.

Let's find out what went wrong with my first day and what mistakes I did so that you can learn from my experiences, and prevent bad things from happening with you.

Continue reading "First Day of the First Semester..." »

University of Minnesota & My Life's Goal

I think I am gonna devote this entry to talk about my life's goal and my experience here, at the University of Minnesota.

First, I would say that it's quite hard to say what my life's goal exactly is right now. I still have a lot of time to explore my career option. However, I can roughly say that my goal right now -- in the short run -- is to get a good education in order to get a good job. In a little bit more specific sense, I would like to know how devices, or technologies around us work. In other words, I would like to understand how we build a computer, how we make a telephone, and how we make other modern technological devices.

How my experiences at the University of Minnesota so far relate to my goal? Let's find out...

Continue reading "University of Minnesota & My Life's Goal" »

Hello, everyone!!!!

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you are in the world!!

My name is Theerachai Chanyaswad, but people usually call me Thee. I am from Thailand and now I am a freshman here, at the University of Minnesota. Go Gophersssssssssssssss.

My college is Institute of Technology and I am also in the University Honors Program. I guess a lot of you might be interested in this, so please feel free to go to the website and check it out. For my major, I plan to major in Mechanical Engineering (here, we don't have to declare a major until sophomore year).

About my interests, I like sports. I play tennis, basketball, soccer, and many more. In fact, I am trying to play hockey now!!! I also enjoy watching sports including soccer (European), NBA basketball and NFL football.

Those are all about me. Finally, don't forget to come and read my weekly post. A lot of stories are await to be told!!!!!

See my photos
v
v
v
v

Continue reading "Hello, everyone!!!!" »

Welcome to the U!

hi, this is yeshi. i am from nepal, currently a senior in b.s. architecture.
i have been where you are right now...in a confused world with a lot of questions about college, u.s, living here all the ?????????s so throw some questions this way and all we ambassadors can help you with answers.

Hello, World!

konchada@oxygen (/home/grad02/konchada) % vim helloworld
#!/usr/bin/perl

$name="Vamsikrishna Konchada";
$inshort="Vamsi";
$program="Master of Science";
$major="Computer Science";
$comment="Feel free to send us the doubts or questions. We know you have many things to ask us, we've been through the phase you are going through.\n";

$ending_note="Its been only 2 months since I came here, loadsa fresh experiences to share. more to come soon. Till then enjoy great mugs of coffee, and have fun.\n";
$tchao="Tchao! :)";

print "Hello, World! My name is $name, you can call me $inshort in short. I'm doing $program in $major here.";
print "$comment\n";
print "$ending_note\n";
print "$tchao\n";

Continue reading to see the output of this program.

Continue reading "Hello, World!" »

Hello Guys!

Hello there! My name is Viviane and I will be one of the International Ambassador for this Fall and the spring of 09 too! So I hope you will enjoy our posts as well as the University once you are here!!!

Continue reading "Hello Guys!" »

Hello everyone!

I am Misa, a second year master's student in the Comparative and International Development Education track at the Department of Educational Policy and Administration. OK, long enough. You can call as CIDE at EdPA. You will be surprised (and may be overwhelmed) by all the acronyms on campus at the beginning. Acronyms can be confusing, but once you are over the "recognizing" stage, they actually make your life easier. So no worries. Oh, by the way, my name happened to stand for Minnesota International Student Association (MISA) and Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture (MISA), too. Aha! Now you know I was meant to be in this university (^ ^).

I am originally from Japan. I love travelling, dancing (I currently do tap dancing), sports, outdoor activites, theater, and meeting old and new friends from all over the world. I am excited to be an ambassador, and look forward to sharing my experience at the U (...again, another abbreviation) with you.

Stay connected!

HeLLo! and WeLcOmE!

Hi, my name is Gabriela and you can read my weekly posting here starting next week...so come back soon :)

^___________^

·NAME: Stella / Tianlin Shi / 施天霖/ ティアンリン·シー
·COUNTRY: China
·DB: Feb 3rd, 1989
·YR: Sophomore
·MAJOR: Accounting
·MINOR: Leadership
·ACTIVITIES: FYLI / CSU / ISA ...
·INTERESTS: LOMO / Travel / Movies / Rumba / Karaoke / Drawing / Sleeping / Sports ...
... ...
WANNA KNOW MORE? ASK ME!
WANNA SEE MY APARTMENT? CONTINUE READING...

^___________^

Continue reading "^___________^" »

Nama Saya (My Name Is) Asa

Hello Everyone ^^

My name is Asa. I am an international student from Indonesia and a sophomore majoring in Genetics.

Continue reading "Nama Saya (My Name Is) Asa" »

Hi, I'm Xi o(∩_∩)o...

Hi, I'm Xi from China, the first year student of MACC(Master of Accountancy) in Carlson School of Management. It's so lovely to you here.
IMGP1058.JPG

Continue reading "Hi, I'm Xi o(∩_∩)o..." »

ISSS ambassadors

Here is the group photo of this year's ambassadors!

Continue reading "ISSS ambassadors" »