Questions about applying to U of M??????

oh shoot!!! I'm late to write my blog. I thought I have to write it next week. That's what too many exams can do to a person. Exams can drive you crazy :) And when your football team is n a losing streak it's worse. But now it's time to forget all the @#$%# and write my blog. In this weeks blog I'm going to go through few questions I had before joining the U of M.

How good is U of M???

That's the first question I had when I thought about applying to U of M. My previous blog has the answer for this question. You can click the following link and find the answer for the first question I had.

Why U of M?

Transfer Credit

I went to high school in Sri Lanka. And I joined U of M as a transfer student. So it was bit challenging for me to find a good university where I can transfer most of the credits I did. Before applying to U of M I contacted university admissions office. They replied me quickly and directed me to Mr. Ben Sharp (Director of admissions). After that he guided me through admission process. It was really helpful for me. If you are a transfer student contact admissions office or Mr. Ben Sharp.

web site for Admissions - Office of Admissions

Mr. Ben Sharp - sharp003@umn.edu

Admissions office -
Mailing Address:
240 Williamson Hall
231 Pillsbury Drive S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0213

Phone Number:
Admissions: 612-625-2008 or 1-800-752-1000
Campus visits: 612-625-0000 or 1-800-752-1000

Fax: 612-626-1693

Campus and Social Life

I'm from a very conservative country. But sadly I'm the opposite of it. I was very excited about coming to USA. But people think Mid west is boring. I also thought like that. But since I came here life is awesome (except the exams and homework). There are so many beautiful places around Minnesota you can visit. Downtown Minneapolis is 10 mins from Campus and It is one of the best places to go during Friday or Saturday nights. They have the best restaurants and night clubs in Minnesota.

About Social Life in Minneapolis - Fun in Minneapolis

Campus life is also exciting here at U of M. There are loads of things happening around the campus almost everyday. It's easy to get involved in these things and have a good time while your studying. Student Unions and Activities web site is the best place you can find out about the events going on around the campus. Student Unions and Activities

Those are the main questions I had about U of M. If you have any more question please feel free to ask from me or any of the student ambassadors.

Cheers,
Manula