I can't believe the weather in Minnesota! It was supposed to snow alot in November. I heard it'll be snowy this weekend. Let's stay warm! :)
Anyway, today I'm going to introduce about my major, Human Resource Development in the College of Education and Human Development.
It's been about one year since I chose this major. There are a variety of majors in the U of M. I'd like to recommend this major if you like adult education, business, and lots of group works. I'm especially interested about education as well as business and I found this major which is perfectly fit to my interest. From this course I've been studying about adult education and learning about the changes that are required in various part of personal and organizational development targeting employee through diverse learning activities. If you choose this major, you also would learn how to train and educate employees based on better understanding of them in order to strategize the ways to develop them.
After graduation, you might think of careers among these. These are not all; I just picked some of careers.
- Benefits and job analysis specialist
- Compensation manager
- Director of human resources
- Employee assistance plan manager
- Employee benefits manager
- Employee benefits specialist
- HR information system specialist
- International HR manager
I want to briefly talk about my program's strong points.
- Have great academic professors, teaching specialists and advisors.
- Active alumni society
- Focus on internalization through research, international development projects, and international partnerships.
I hope this would be helpful to know the program. If you have more questions, please feel free to leave a comment.
Thank you for readiing & Have a great day! :)